Friday 28 February 2014

The Food Wish List

I want to be the 'Mum who cooks'. The one who's always in her apron and when her children are older and have friends round, will have a freshly made Macaroni and Cheese or Cottage Pie to hand at any given moment.

I'm not quite there yet. There are so many things I would like to try and make. There are so many cookbooks staring at me as I type this, taking up the entire bottom row of my bookshelf. 

I need to make a pledge to make something new every week. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut of making the same things week in, week out. 

But I'm not looking to make complicated, advanced dishes. I want to get the basics right: Bread, pastry, the perfect roast dinner. Because, it's better to cook a few things well rather than a lot that aren't as good, right?

What dishes have you meant to make for the last few months but haven't actually got round to trying yet?

 

No comments: