Sunday 23 February 2014

My first featured recipe is in the oven as I type this but I couldn't wait to post!

I'm only 2 days into this blogging lark and I'm already breaking the rules! The recipe below doesn't actually have an ingredient produced locally but if it did, it would definitely be the honey (see the below link).

Now, I'm sure you have all encountered this problem. You have some very overripe bananas and you're not sure what to do with them.

Normally, I would make banana pancakes for breakfast but that opportunity had passed me by. So, I decided to get out my trusty recipe book and make the easiest Banana Cake in the world, ever.

I know a lot of you out there (including some of my friends, not naming names) think that it's just as easy to pop to the supermarket to buy some cake. Well, you have to look in some way presentable to nip there but you don't in your own kitchen! Plus, you would still have to throw out your bananas!

Easy Peasy Banana Cake

 

You will need:

4oz softened butter or margarine (I used Stork)
6oz sugar (granulated or caster)
8oz self-raising flour
2 medium eggs
2 large bananas (the riper the better)
1 tbsp runny honey

Preheat your oven to 160 deg (mine is a fan assisted oven)
On a plate, mash the bananas with a fork (good job for your children)!
Cream together the butter and the sugar. Mix in the eggs.
Mix the butter, sugar and egg mixture with the mashed bananas.
Stir in the flour.
Bake in a loaf tin for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Happy Eating!

http://www.bbka.org.uk/local/lincolnshire/contacts/index.shtml


 

2 comments:

Sarah Marks said...

Have some over ripe bananas in the bowl at the moment so will be giving this a shot today! Love the sound of banana pancakes though too.

Mrs Mellow Belly said...

I'll put my pancake recipe on here tonight. Thanks Sarah. X